News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Splitting tracks not working - FLAC recording

Started by AndyN, June 29, 2012, 08:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyN

I am new to this software - which looks very good. I am recording vinyl to 24bit 96KHz under Windows XP. I dont burn to CD and I dont use MP3 as I want the FLAC files themselves. The recording is fine but I want to cut up a large sound file into tracks. I put the track breaks in and they look fine but when I save the FLAC it is still ONE file which has not been split.

Clearly I am doing something wrong but I dont know what. Any ideas??

Andy

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

How are you doing the save?  You should do this from the Save Tracks window, not the Cleanup Audio window.  This is covered in more detail in the Getting Started topic in the help file (and links therefrom).

If you're still having problems, please send me a screenshot of the Split Tracks window.  To take a screenshot:

1.  Click on the window you want to capture

2.  Press Alt + Print Screen

3.  Open the Windows Paint application (you will find it under Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - Paint)

4.  Select 'Paste' from the Edit menu

5.  Save the file as a GIF (so that it is small enough to email)

6.  Email it to me as an attachment: p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk.

Thanks.

AndyN

Right, it has clearer :). The split tracks go into the MyMusic folder - which was not where I was looking for them.

Thanks.

Andy