News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Patch function doesn't seem to be working?

Started by decibelle, June 24, 2012, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decibelle

I am selecting a scratch on the waveform and clicking on the patch button. The patch dialogue appears, but when I play the preview, it sounds exactly like the original – like nothing is happening. And if I click OK, and play the selection, it also sounds like nothing has happened. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ellen

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It sounds like you are doing all the right things.  Can you send me a screenshot please, just before you press OK.

To take a screenshot:

1.  Press Print Screen

2.  Open the Windows Paint application (you will find it under Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - Paint)

3.  Select 'Paste' from the Edit menu

4.  Save the file as a GIF (so that it is small enough to email)

5.  Email it to me as an attachment: pDOTsandersATalpinesoftDOTcoDOTuk

Thanks.

PS: Also check that you haven't clicked on 'Toggle Corrections' in the toolbar beneath the waveform display.

decibelle

I think I've got it figured out. It is working, it's just that there are multiple scratches and they are so close together that it is hard to distinguish which one was eliminated. I'm going to keep playing around with it and if there are still problems, I'll get back to you.