News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

How to relink exported files

Started by Sue293, May 28, 2012, 09:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue293

Firstly, I am very impressed with the capabilities of Vinyl Studio and I am continuing to find new features through this forum.
A while ago, I recorded quite a few albums exported the files to another folder.  All was working fine. Then I decided to rename the folders containing the cleaned up exported files and of course the link between the exported files and the main Vinyl Studio file is now broken.

The .mcf file is still in the original folder, together with the recording, as well as the vsfiles. The .mcf file still shows the exported file but lists it as "missing".

Is there a way to tell Vinyl Studio where the linked file is now located? It is not a major issue, as it is easy enough to re-export the files.

I have since found that there is the capability to set the status of the album which would be a much better way for me to track progress. There are 3 custom album status tags - can these tags be renamed?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

To re-establish the link, import the file.  Then remove the broken link.  You can do all this in the Cleanup Audio window by right-clicking (or Control + click on the Mac) in the list of Recordings / Imported Files.

There's no way to rename the custom tags, sorry.  I'll put it on our to do list.

Sue293

Thank you Paul. This will save me a bit of work.