News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Trackbreaks with Cleanup Audio

Started by StephenJK, April 24, 2012, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenJK

I use a digital recorder connected to a tape loop of my preamp to record LP's.  Sometimes, I don't get back to the stereo quick enough after an album side, and end up with a much longer deadband between the 1st and 2nd side than I would like.

I don't use the automagic "Scan For Trackbreaks" feature, as many of the LP's I'm recording don't have a clear trackbreak between the songs.  I prefer to do this manually or use the trackbreaks from the "Lookup Track Listing".  As a result, the "Eliminate Gaps Between Tracks" feature is not available to me. 

I can cut and splice on the Cleanup Audio screen to get rid of that one big gap between album sides, but I can no longer see the trackbreaks.  It's easy enough to go back to the Split Tracks screen and pick out the time range that I want to eliminate.  But, if the tracbreaks from Split Tracks also appeared in the Cleanup Audio, that would make the program more user friendly.

It's a great program, and this isn't a big deal, but if you can add it to your list it would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

To eliminate dead-air:

1.  Position the red end-of-track marker neatly at the end of the track.

2.  Shift-click and drag the green start-of-track marker to the start of the next track.

Do this in the Split Tracks window.  How the track break markers got in there in the first place is immaterial.

There's a button in the toolbar beneath the waveform display in the Cleanup Audio window to show or hide the trackbreaks, but if you want to manipulate them you must go to the Split Tracks window.

StephenJK

Paul,

I feel a bit foolish, just after I had posted the original message I managed to figure it out.  I thought I had deleted the question, but apparently not.  Thanks for the response.

Stephen

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Actually, I undeleted it.  I thought I had deleted it by mistake.  Feel free to delete it again, although it is a frequently-asked question.