News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Additional Album Information

Started by StephenJK, February 27, 2012, 02:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenJK

Dear AlpineSoft,

I've been very pleased with the purchase of Vinyl Studio, it's an excellent program that works very well. 

I was particularly impressed when recording my father's old jazz LP's that date back to the 40's and 50's.  After using the Cleanup Audio function, albums that were virtually unlistenable are now in pristine condition.  The lowering of the noise floor has likely made these albums sound as never before.  Well done.

My request is to have an additional field in the album information, one for Artist and one for Album Artist; also to have the program support the use of commas with the album name.

The reason is this:

Whether an LP or CD, and using "Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow" as an example I will use the following:

Artist - Kate Bush
Album Artist - Bush, Kate

The Album Artist syntax is what is also used to name the folder.  That let's me sort folders by the family name, rather than first name.  With playback software, I can sort either by Artist or Album Artist, but will generally use the latter.  This makes it easy to find exactly what I'm looking for. 

Thanks for a great program,

Stephen

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, we will put it on the list.  You should be able to use commas already.

StephenJK

Paul,

Thanks for the quick response.  The software doesn't seem to be able to save folders that have commas.  This is with V8.2.3.  You can see how the comma is dropped with the preview for the folder name that appears after Album > Save Tracks for This Album > as FLAC files.

Stephen

OK, I will look into that.  The comma will certainly be preserved in the tag that's put into the file.

Quote from: StephenJK on February 27, 2012, 02:47:19 PM
The software doesn't seem to be able to save folders that have commas.  This is with V8.2.3.

Fixed in V8.3.0.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for the late post, but we added an 'Artist Alias' field to VinylStudio's Edit Album Detail dialog which should give you what you want.  The equivalent placeholder when naming tracks (or specifying the folder they go in) is [Artist Alias].  We put this in ID3 tag 'TSOP'.

Hope this helps, and sorry once again for not getting back to you sooner.