News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Pasting Track Titles

Started by Frank Schabel, March 29, 2024, 12:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Schabel

This is a trivial problem but annoying. When I an entering track titles I am often copying and pasting then from Discogs or some other source

When I paste the title sometimes it will appear at the start of the entry line and sometimes in the middle of the line, not necessarily centered, but at least several spaces over to the right from the first space. No matter how far over a single backspace moves it to the start of the line.

I can't figure out what causes the two different behaviors. It is not copying a space ahead of the first letter in the title; that I checked.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sounds like there might be tab characters in what you are pasting in.  Perhaps be more precise with what you select from the screen before copying.

If you're still struggling, some screenshots taking me through your workflow would help.  Yo can sed them to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks.

Frank Schabel

When a title pasted in not all the way to the left I tried pasting it into a word document with the tab markers turned on. There were no tab markers but the title was contained in a text box, at least I think that is what it is. In any case I discovered that if I swipe the title from left to right when selecting and then copy and paste, the problem does not happen, at least not so far. Peculiar! maybe it has something to do with the formatting of the Discogs website.

OK, so can you give me a workflow that definitely provokes the problem?  I will then see if we can fix it.  Thx

Frank Schabel

I don't think it is your problem. It is Discog's formatting and maybe Windows. I discovered if I swipe a line in Discogs from RT to L and then copy and paste in Windows Explorer it sometimes adds the extra spaces just like in VinylStudio.

OK, thanks.  We'll take a look anyway

Hello again,

I couldn't reproduce this, what browser are you using please? (recommendation: Chrome)