News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Split tracks without deleting inter track silence

Started by Andy Morris, March 21, 2024, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Morris

When I rip LPS I like to keep the silence between tracks. Call me old fashioned, but I consider it part of the original artefact .

I cant seem to get VS to do this without cutting out some of the gap. What I want is to have a track break of length zero half a second before the new track kicks off. 

I can fix it by dragging the the track markers around, but it would be more elegant if I could get VS to do it. Is this possible? 

banjo800

I agree whole heartedly! But I'd like to see it implemented a little differently. What I'd like is to be able to adjust the amount of silence at the beginning and end of the song. My usual routine includes 0.5 seconds of silence at the beginning and up to 3 seconds of silence at the end. Wavelab Pro implements a routine such as this, as did Sound Forge Pro for Mac. Wavelab is way out of my price range and Sound Forge for Mac doesn't work with MacOS above Mojave and is no longer being produced. A feature such as this would be a godsend.

banjo800

I believe this would be more useful in a post process during the saving of the individual song files.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

VinylStudio is probably 'helpfully' adjusting your track break markers after you look them up in the online database(s).  Solution: tell it not to via 'Reset all "Don't show this again" messages' in VinylStudio's Options menu.

You'll then get a popup next time round and you can restate your preference.