News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Apple Silicon M1 Machine Leaning and VS CleanUp Audio

Started by FrLemieux, August 07, 2023, 01:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrLemieux

Hi,  I want to know if Vinyl Studio for Mac uses Rosetta 2, or M1 (AMD-64) instructions. Is the M1's Neural Processor (ML) of my MacBook Pro 2021 used for 'smart' repairs ?  I think that if it use Roseta 2, it can't use ML.  Am'I right ?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio runs natively on M1 / M2 Macs, so no Rosetta needed.

We don't use the M1's Neural Processor for click scanning.  It's general-purpose code that has to also run on other platforms and is already very fast, so we see no need to look any further (and probably won't do).

One thing we've been considering though is to use a separate thread (core) for scanning each channel.  But making that enhancement is not top priority at the moment.

FrLemieux

Thank Paul for your reply.  Machine Learning is also available for other platforms, and is part of the functions of artificial intelligence (AI). Certain passages of music, and sometimes complete musical "measures" must be reconstructed because of vinyl scratch. These passages are often already present elsewhere in the piece. Currently, I have to search them carefully to copy and paste them. This search could be done advantageously with ML.
Regards,  FL

Hi,

We have plans to repair longer scratches.  Watch this space!

FrLemieux

Thank you Paul. I'll follow Alpinesoft's "News" about this topic. Can I subscribe to it?
Best regards !  FL

News is a bit neglected at the moment, I'm ashamed to say.  A better thing to subscribe to would be this topic:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0