News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Erasing portions of a recording without creating a track break

Started by petewinca, July 28, 2023, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petewinca

Classical works such as Operas and Ballet are often recorded with a single act on more than one side of an LP. I can record the multiple sides into a single Album and create a track break to remove the end of one side and the start of the next but unless I am missing something I can't find a way to remove a portion of the recording without creating a break. Am I missing something or should this be a feature request?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Is it that you want to remove 'dead air' between (say) movements?  i.e. you want one track break there but not two?  If so, position the read marker at the end of 'track' 1 and advance the green marker to the start of the track 2.

You can also remove audio by using the 'cut and splice' feature in the Cleanup Audio window (it's the blue cross-hatch button in the toolbar beneath the waveform display).  But manipulating the track break markers is easier.

petewinca

Thanks for pointing out the cut and splice feature that might work. The specific recording I'm working on is The Nutcracker where Act I is on sides 1 & 2 and Act II is on sides 3 & 4 so I need to remove the dead air before needle up at the end of side 1 and after needle down at the beginning side 2.  Creating a track marker works well but it also starts a new track so I can't export the whole act as a single mp3.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)