News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

V13 Crash saving tracks

Started by Steve Crook, May 16, 2023, 11:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

Win11, 11 Albums, all normalised to 0db across the album.
Recorded in FLAC at 24/192
Being saved in FLAC 16/48
Was saving the last track on the 6th album, so only a single thread left running.

VS had been started, I went straight to the Batch tab, selected the albums and started saving.

The error was reported telling me dump had been saved. I got to the Send Error Report dialog, completed it and then it just sat, and sat..

Can't dismiss the send error dialog, and tried to cancel the Save Tracks dialog, but that's not going away either.

If you can tell me where the dump files are I can forward them to you by mail or something...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reporting this.  They're in your Music folder, and VinylStudio_small.dmp will suffice for an initial examination.  That should be small enough to email.

Steve Crook

FWIW Sent dump by email. Just saved all the tracks without problems, so it's one of those problems :)

OK, thanks.  I emailed you back.

Decided to simplify that piece of code :)  What you have now is probably fairly stable, but V13.1 will fix it for good.

Thanks for your help with this.