News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Crash immediately upon opening, after upgrading to macOS 12.6

Started by ewanyork, September 14, 2022, 12:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajohn

Thank you.  Yes the patch worked and yes I seem to have lost the Pro features.  Hopefully the update that will come through the App Store will restore my Pro features.  Thank you for the quick response.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Newflash: the App Store version has now been approved by Apple (both VinylStudio Standard and VinylStudio Pro), so anyone waiting for that should now be able to update.

After updating, select 'Restore Previous Purchases' from VinylStudio's Help menu if your Pro features are missing.

davidh

I am a bit confused. I have the standard app version 12.5.2 from the Mac app store, not the fixed version 12.5.3 which I can see is now on the app store.  I would expect to be prompted to update the app but I haven't been yet. The only option I have in the app store is to open it. As far as I can tell there isn't any way to re-download an app that is already on the machine without deleting it first which I don't want to do and anyway shouldn't be necessary.

Forget this - Just read through the thread a bit more carefully and found the solution. Still don't understand why the app store didn't prompt me to update, but all's well that ends well.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Just a bit of App Store weirdness, I guess.  I don't understand either, sorry, Apple control the entire thing.