News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Album Art Issues

Started by davidh, February 01, 2022, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidh

I have only recorded two albums since updating to 12.5 and have come across two minor new issues with album art.

1. After the album cover has been successfully imported it isn't visible in the edit album details screen. The message "No Album Cover available" is displayed even though the jpeg file is present in the artwork folder. I thought it might be because the file extension is now .jpeg whereas it always used to be .jpg. It isn't because changing it to .jpg makes no difference. I might not even have discovered this if it wasn't for the next issue.

2. On one album I managed to get into a situation where the album artwork was not the same as the thumbnail pictures for the individual tracks. I think this was because the discogs entry I used for the track listing had the the album cover for a completely different album. I am fairly sure I didn't import this one, although I can't be 100% positive. I did then find another discogs entry with the correct cover and imported that. This is not ideal because it seems that it is the cover on the individual tracks that is loaded into iTunes. The real problem is that I couldn't find a way of correcting this. I tried deleting the files and re-saving them without success. So I copied the .aiff files, deleted the album in VC, created it again, imported the aiff files, re-did the track breaks, re-imported the album art, and when I saved the files I still ended up with the same wrong cover! What else could I have done?  N.B. I have now got round the problem using iTunes but it has been a mission!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Sorry about this.  We know about the issue and will be issuing an update shortly.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

... and we have!  VinylStudio should offer to update itself (to V12.5.1).  If not, you can get it from our downloads page:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx