News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Eliminating Applause Between Tracks

Started by Dadamson, January 14, 2022, 12:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadamson

I've recorded a live album and am trying to eliminate the applause at both the end of one track and the start of another. The applause connects the two tracks, making it virtually one. I used the fade tool and was able to remove the applause at the end of the first track, but cannot extend the "box" out far enough to use the fade out to remove the applause leading into the second track.
The applause seems to run almost 45 seconds in length.
Is this possible?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes it is.  Just advance the green start of track marker at the start of the second track until you have eliminated (most of) the applause between the tracks.

Dadamson

Thanks Paul - that's very slick!
However although I've removed all the applause while in the "split tracks" mode, it it still present in the "cleanup audio" mode when I play it. Can I assume that the saved file is based on the split tracks fix?

Hi,

Yes you can.  I'd recommend saving one, fully processed, album to verify that, just so that you're comfortable with the procedure.  You can always save your tracks again if you want to make any changes.

Dadamson

Again, thanks for your prompt response to my question Paul.. My saved files were just as you said they would be.
This is such an amazing product to use. It 's my first time digitizing records and I expected it to be a tedious chore. Instead it is fun!