News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Enhancement request: Date of recording everywhere please

Started by Steve Crook, December 13, 2021, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

I often flip over to the Cleanup tab just to check on the date of a recording having noticed that it display the date...

It's really useful. Could this be added to the albums list in the Split Tracks and to the Record tab album and file lists? I suspect that almost all albums are recorded on the same day, though if not, the latest date could be shown...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hmmm, not sure.  As you point out, the list of files in the Cleanup Audio window is just that - files, whereas the dropdowns are albums.  It's worth considering though, I'll add this to my 'bugs and requests' folder.

Steve Crook

Yes, did wonder about that. But you do offer the ability to sort albums in the lists by recording date (I use this as my default setting), so it would only be displaying what the sorting algorithm is actually using in this case.

OK, I'll think it over, but I'm loathe to overload the album list (that is to say the green dropdown) with too much information.

Hello again Steve,

I did look at this and have decided not to do it.  As I say, the dropdown list of albums is busy enough as it is.  So you will have to continue to flip over to the Cleanup Audio window to get this information, sorry.