News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Problem applying RIAA Curve

Started by LarryG60, October 18, 2021, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryG60

I'm having a problem applying the RIAA EQ curve to my audio tracks. The RIAA curve is only being applied to the first track of an album and the rest of the tracks remain FLAT as recorded. It works perfectly in version 10.0.2 but not in 11.x.x or 12.0.1.  I've uninstalled all three versions, deleted all registry entries in Windows 10 pro, upgraded to 12.0.1 pro and created new collections trying to resolve the issue. My workflow is: Dynavector XX2 MKII moving coil phono cartridge > Microphone input RME Babyface Pro USB audio interface 54dB gain > Vinyl Studio ad 192 kHz 32 bit AIFF (FLAT no RIAA Curve) >Look up album, track listing and cover art (Discogs) > split tracts > Side 1 - Scan for Clicks > Side 1 - Equalization Curve (FFT Filter) - *RIAA (largely standard from 1954 on) > Side 2 - Scan for Clicks > Side 2 - Equalization Curve (FFT Filter) > Filter Settings - Graphic equalizer - On - Normalize - -2 dB - Normalize all album sides (separately) > Split Tracks (or Batch) - Save Tracks - FLAC Format.

LarryG60

Tech support notified me of a workaround. By setting "Maximum number of threads to use when saving tracks (1..64):" from 4 to 1 resolves the issue (Menu bar > Options > Settings).  The problem will be addressed in the next beta. I've tried the the fix and it works fine.

Thank you Paul Sanders for your quick reply...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

My pleasure.  This (and a bunch of other stuff) is fixed in the latest Beta.  Download links are here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

LarryG60

Hi Paul,
I installed 12.0.2 beta 2 as soon as I received your message.  I reset the threads used back to 4 (the original default) and tested the output of saved tracks. The RIAA curve was applied correctly to each track, resolving the issue.
Thank you again for your quick response.
Larry

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Excellent, thanks for posting back.