News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Reconnecting tracks

Started by swisstemp, March 27, 2011, 07:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstemp

Hi Paul:
How do I solve the problem of a track being split over different instances of vinyl? Specifically:
I have an album with 8 sides. I have recorded the sides separately and imported them in VS as side 1, side 2, etc.
So in Split Tracks I have a view of the total, in Cleanup Audio I get views of the individual sides.
One of the tracks begins on side 7 and ends on side 8. I could glue the 2 halves together in Audacity (or similar), but then my track, click and filter info in VS does not jive.
Is there any way that I can influence the output settings (Save Tracks) to have this track in 2 halves coming out as one? (It's classical and the individual tracks are usually referred to by their numbers as in the score, this throws that off)
Probably a weird question, but what can I say  ???

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I think the way to do this is:

1.  Create a single track in VinylStudio spanning the entire track (including the side-break).

2.  In the Cleanup Audio window, use Cut-and-Splice to cut the silence at the end of side 1.

3.  Likewise, cut the silence at the start of side 2.

If you position your cuts accurately, you should get a reasonably 'seamless' result.  Use a short splice length.