News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Retrieving from hard disk

Started by ewhite, February 09, 2011, 06:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewhite

I purshased VinylSoft in 2008, recorded a large number of items very sucessfully, then saved the files to a stand alone hard drive and removed the old files from my computer hard drive.  My current version is V7.5.8.  The files on the aux hard drive are called wave sound and there is also a file for each side called xxx~side1.wav.

I moved those files to the computer hard drive and hit Record.  The "Work with album previously added" button will not light up.  When I go to the file which is labeled VSFILES the default type is mcf.  When I change that to All Files and click on the currect one, I get Not a Valid Collection.

How do I retrieve the selection? 

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Did you backup your .mcf file?  This is where VinylStudio stores all your trackbreaks etc. and carries the same name as the name of your collection.

Assuming you kept this file, and assuming you copied all the other files to the place where VinylStudio expects them to be, you can open it via 'Open Collection' in VinylStudio's File menu.

The way that VinylStudio stores your collection is detailed in the Help file here:

Importing and Exporting Files
        Where are my Files Located?
            Then scroll down to:
                Where are my Recordings Located?

ewhite

No I do not think I backed up the mcf.  However the wav's are on the external drive and I can find it there in Viny Soft.  When I load it and try to burn, it is not on the menu to drag to the burn side.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Without the .MCF file you are in trouble, I'm sorry to say.  The only way forward is to create a new collection.  You can import your existing recordings but you will need to do the track naming and splitting and audio cleanup again.

Sorry but that file was vital.