News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Can no longer retrieve album artwork

Started by rom661, March 26, 2021, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmike_49@yahoo.com

It HAS been much too long for this fix. I am a bit more optimistic that they will eventually get it done, history shows a constant slow stream of improvements in response to customer requests.

Still, 5 MONTHS!! ???

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

We have at last released a fix for this.  You can get it here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx

If you purchased from the App Store, you may have to wait a few days for Apple's review process to complete before an update appears there.  Alternatively, you can download from the above link.

Sorry that it took so long.

sd10wrangler

Thanks Paul, I see there are quite a few changes and fixes.
Trying it out now!

balky

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on August 28, 2021, 06:21:41 PM
We have at last released a fix for this.  You can get it here:

If you purchased from the App Store, you may have to wait a few days for Apple's review process to complete before an update appears there.  Alternatively, you can download from the above link.

Sorry that it took so long.

I can only thank you for making this dream come true... I am where I want to be for now...

ICLlP

Using V12.0.0 on a Mac.  I have retrieved album artwork from discogs and imported it, but when save tracks the artwork is not saved with them.

Hi,

This is a known bug in V12.0.0.  Please upgrade to V12.0.1 and the problem should go away.  You can get it via VinylStudio -> Menubar -> Help -> Check for Update, or from our download page:

Then save your tracks again.

Please note: if you purchased from the Mac App store then the same update is available there and that's the one you should use.

ICLlP

I've just updated to V12.0.1 and artwork has been saved to all tracks apart from the first.

OK, can you try forcing VinylStudio to resave your tracks please?  To do this, check the 'Always save tracks, even if saved before' box when saving.

Also, what platform are you on, just in case we need to dig into this.  And what file format are you saving in.  Thanks.

ICLlP

OK, I did that, but no change.  I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, saving to ALAC.

Hello again,

I just tried this and everything seems fine here.

It may be that VinylStudio is not adding that track to your iTunes library because it's already in there (with, presumably, missing artwork), so please try deleting the album from iTunes and saving your tracks again.  (I'm assuming here that you're using iTunes as your music player.  If not, please advise.)

To speed things up, you can uncheck 'Always save tracks, even if saved before' now.  You don't need that anymore.

ICLlP

I don't use iTunes, but have rebooted the computer and looked at the files again.  All tracks have artwork embedded.

ICLlP

I have the files on a NAS. I have two Raspberry Pi systems accessing them; on one I use Volumio and on the other I use MoOde.