News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Sometimes track end markers with fade out move forward by length of fade out.

Started by Steve Crook, January 08, 2021, 02:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

I have two copies of the same album and had recorded both of them. I'd set up the artist and composer information, tracks, de-noised the first recording. Then I downloaded tracks, set track markers and de-noised the second album. I transferred artist, album and composer information from the first to the second by calling up the album and track dialogs and cutting and pasting. To do this I was continually switching between the two albums all in a single session of VS.

I got the details up-to-date and ran the track break checking feature on the second album. Many of the track breaks on the second album were not lining up as I'd intended.

After a bit of staring I realised that some of the track end markers had been moved. Further, the only end markers that  moved were those with fade out, and that the marker appeared to have moved forward by the length of the fade out. Enough that, in some cases that the end of the fade out was happening after the start of the next track...

I wish I could tell you some definite steps to reproduce this, but I've no clue. If I see it again and have a more definite set of steps I'll let you know...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)