News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Dark mode in Mac

Started by pacomo64, October 26, 2020, 07:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacomo64

Hello!

When dark mode is activated in the Mac the sound wave is difficult to see and to work with. Is there any way to disable the behavior in VinylStudio without setting the Mac to Light mode?

See image attached.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry, no, but we will review the colour scheme in the next release.

adc71

Something weird also seems to be happening with the Cleanup tab in Big Sur (11.0.1). First time I have used Vinylstudio since updating. The split tracks waveform looks normal but the the cleanup waveform has gone, what I can only describe as, "blocky" and is really sluggish / jittery (basically uncontrollable) when reacting to the mouse when zooming in etc. I thought it was the dark mode to blame at first but switching to light mode, it's just as bad. Please help!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

We haven't changed the drawing code at all (and we have no other reports), so I don't know why it's slow, but you can get rid of the 'blockiness' by unchecking 'Draw waveforms with thicker lines' in VinylStudio's Preferences dialog.  Maybe that will also solve your performance problem.