News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Track timings on the track lookup...

Started by Steve Crook, April 27, 2020, 11:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

Generally, when I lookup tracks I scroll to the first album with a date that matches what I'm recording. Almost always it has no track times, but the next one does. It's got the the point where I'm convinced this is a thing and not blind chance. Is this something VS is doing? Is it the ordering from the lookup? Do I need to make a tinfoil hat? Please put me out of my misery...

For instance, Jackson Browne: Lawyers In Love, Running On Empty, World In Motion. Lookup and then scroll to the part of the listing where the albums have dates that correspond to the original album release date.   

Also, it would be helpful if the listing were able to indicate which have track timing and which don't. Though I suspect your answer will be you'd have to make searches for each of the albums listed to be able to discover that information and Discogs would blacklist you...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

No, it's just the order in which Discogs returns the albums.  And to do what you ask would be too slow as it involves an additional lookup for each album listed, sorry.