News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Unrecognised or unsupported RIFF / AIFF chunk in file

Started by sd10wrangler, June 11, 2020, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd10wrangler

I am importing a stereo WAV file that was recorded in Wavelab Elements (@ 24bit 96Khz) and I get this error message "Unrecognised or unsupported RIFF / AIFF chunk in file". I have recently imported about 40 Vinyl albums using this method and have had zero problems until today. Is there a file size limit? This particular file is 3.53 GB.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The limit is 4GB.  If you can put the file up in the Cloud somewhere I'll take a look at it.  It's too large to email.

sd10wrangler

Paul, I have PM'd you with a link.

Thanks for looking at this.

John

I got the file, thank you.  It is a 64 bit WAV file which VinylStudio doesn't (yet) support.  You can convert it with Audacity - then you should be able to import it into VinylStudio.

sd10wrangler

Well that's strange, I have been recording all my vinyl at 24bit 96khz and this one shouldn't be any different. In other words I didn't change any settings... Anyway I ran it through dBpoweramp converter with ouput same as input and now it loads in VinylStudio.
Thanks for your help, your program makes my life so much easier!
Cheers!

It's to do with the file size.  Once it goes over (at a guess) 2GB then whatever you're recording it with converts it to WAV 64.  The official limit is 4GB, but not all software handles that correctly so they are hedging their bets.

sd10wrangler

Hi,

This should be fixed in the latest release, V11.5.0.  VinylStudio can now read (but not yet write) these files.

sd10wrangler

I have just downloaded version 11.5.1 and still having the same problem with importing large wave files showing the same error message.

Yes, sorry, that didn't get in (I goofed, sorry).  We will take a look at it for the next release.

sd10wrangler

Lol! No problem. Thanks for trying. I'm using a workaround but would prefer not to have to use the extra step.
Cheers!

Hi,

This is just a note to let you know that we have implemented this in V11.6.0.  You need a VinylStudio Pro key to use it, but we'll issue you with one free of charge since you helped us out with this.  Just email me at:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

sd10wrangler