News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Edit Tracks

Started by Rick T-F, June 06, 2020, 02:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick T-F

I read a previous reply from Alpine to a customers concern about not being able to edit a track.  The reply was you have to record the whole album over.  So, if I have spent over an hour, and find that there is a skip in a tune in the middle, how can I replace it?
I'm not a programmer, but I am sure editing functionality can be added, and I am sure that it would make the software much more usable. Trying to fix things in Audacity defeats the purpose of using Vinyl Studio, 

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio doesn't support re-recording a single track (it's a consequence of how it works), so you have to re-record the entire album or album side, sorry.

On the plus side, you get non-destructive editing of your audio.  We think that's important.

Rick T-F

The other question that I have regarding nondestructive editing is, is it possible and if so how, to remove EQ curves so that the track reverts to its original EQ?

Do you mean EQ curves applied in VinylStudio or EQ curves applied by your phono preamp?  VinylStudio can do both, but how you would do it is different.

Rick T-F

I'm referring to the curves done by Vinyl Studio.  I know it lets me listen to a before and after. 

You can just turn them off.  VinylStudio applies them as a kind of 'overlay' so there's nothing to actually undo.

If you added an EQ curve for part of the recording, you can either turn it off or delete it, depending on whether you think you might change your mind later.