News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Delete / Add Track

Started by dweinberg, April 15, 2020, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweinberg

I was recording Billy Joel's album 52nd Street and cut off the last track on side 2 as it was fading out. On playback, there is a gradual fade and then a sudden end where I stopped recording the side.

I would like to be able to re-record the last track and not the whole side. I first attempted to do this by recording the last track of side 2 as the first track on side 3. However, I don't see a way to delete the last track on side 2. When I select the track to be deleted, VinylStudio deletes the track break, but not the track contents. Can this be done?

Of course, I could just record the side again or deal with the extra track in some downstream software, but it would be good to know if I could do this within VinylStudio.

Thanks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The best way to get rid of the unwanted track is probably to keep it, give it a suitable name (e.g. "This track is skipped") and then uncheck 'Include in saved tracks' for the unwanted track in the Edit Track Details dialog.

VinylStudio will then ignore this track when saving your tracks.

dweinberg

Thanks. That is pretty much what I did in the interim. The deleted track is gone in the final.