News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

replace a previously recorded track

Started by tbdrivervinyl, March 08, 2020, 07:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbdrivervinyl

On a previously recorded album with all track splits completed, normalized in "cleanup audio" and saved. I noticed on side 2 track 1 that there is a rumble in the beginning of that track when the music is starting, the rumble sound is not loud and last for only a couple seconds but noticeable. I want it out because it's my favorite album of all-time, Abbey Road. Is there a way to record and replace only that one track without disturbing the rest of the album ? The track splits on side 2 are very tricky because there are about 6 tracks that blend or change directly into the next track without any dead space. So, I would like to not have to split the tracks again. I did that on the original Abbey Road then again on the 50th anniversary. 

A further question: could I record the one track separately as a new album then go into the cleanup audio and apply the same normalization. Then go into the file system outside of VinylStudio and remove track 7 from the full album then move in the separately recorded version ?

Thank you very much

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio can't re-record a single track, no.  Your second suggestion sounds the most sensible.

tbdrivervinyl

Thank you Paul, I try try the separate recording routine, thanks again.