News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

VinylStudio Crashes During Recording

Started by dweinberg, February 18, 2020, 01:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweinberg

I have an older MacBook Pro (~2011 running High Sierra) and more often than not VinylStudio will crash while recording a record. I have rebooted the Mac, run some cleanup programs, etc., but not much progress. I plan to get a new Mac once Apple releases the 13 inch 2020 Macs as want to avoid the butterfly keyboard.

In the interim, I see from the VinylStudio download page (alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download_mac.aspx)
that there are older versions of VinylStudio. Would that work better for me on my aging hardware?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

No, the version you are running is fine on High Sierra.

Is VinylStudio offering to send us a crash report when you restart it?  If so, please send it to us so that we can investigate.  Thanks

dweinberg

I didn't get a crash report, but the screenshot I typically get is attached. This happens once every ~10 sides. Although VinylStudio has been running well since I last wrote.

Hanging on until Apple releases the new Macs, and then I replace my 2011 machine...

OK thanks.  To address this, please try increasing the record buffer size in VinylStudio's Recording Options dialog.  You can reach this dialog from the Record window.

dweinberg

Maybe it's right in front of me, but I don't see how to increase the record buffer size. Steve Miller Band crashed three times this morning :|

Please advise.

Just click on the Recording Options button in the Record window (top-right).  You should see it then.