News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Move albums between collecions

Started by Steve Crook, June 13, 2019, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

I've decided to reorganise the way I do collections to make backing up less time consuming. I have a large single collection > 100 albums and I'd like to split it into smaller collections, moving albums from the larger to the smaller new collections.

I didn't see any way of doing this through the UI, took a look at the collection file, found it was just text so tried copying the album text into another collection file and then copying the side .flac files.

All appeared to work OK though of course the waveforms had to be rebuilt when the copied album was opened.

I don't see any problems with it, even if it's a bit of a chore, but are there gotchas in doing this? Did I just miss something in the UI that I could use to make the job easier?

I'd considered copying+renaming the big collection and then deleting the 'unwanted' albums from the copy. Rinse and repeat until I'd broken up the collection. But that seemed at least as time consuming as editing by hand...

Your thoughts???

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

This is available through the UI - in the Batch window under the More button.  You do, however, need VinylStudio Pro.

Steve Crook

So there is. Thanks.

But I have a problem. I'm getting an assertion error when I try any operation off the Move Menu.

Ran VS and successfully move some albums to another collection.
Created a new collection
Reopened the old collection that I'd move albums from
Selected some more albums to move
Clicked on the More button and selected "Move or copy..."
Nothing happens
Clicked on the More button and selected "Move or copy..."
There's a short pause then the error dialog (attached) appears.

I've tried selecting any number of albums from 1 to 20 and always have the problem.

Tried rebooting the PC still broken.

LMK if there are other tests you'd like me to do, or to send you files...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Can you please send me file VinylStudio_small.dmp from your Music folder.  You can send it to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks.