News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Combine collections

Started by zounder1, October 26, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zounder1

If I create two or more collections when recording albums, is there a way in the future to combine the collections?

I'm asking as my collection is getting bigger and it would be nice to have a "completed" collection that I occasionally merge my newer finished work into.  (And then start recording on a new empty collection.)

Is this possible?  Any tips on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.
Rega RP1 turntable
ARTcessories USB Phono Plus V2
Groovmaster Label Saver record cleaner

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It's not possible at the moment unfortunately but many have asked so we have it at the top of our todo list.  I will post back here when there is more news.

zounder1

Thank you for the update.  This is definitely a feature that I consider nice-to-have but it is not critical.  It will be nice to see at some point in the future, but in the meantime I'll just have one large collection of old finished work and new unfinished work.

Hmmm, I guess another option would be adding a option in the program to just view "active" albums that I am editing and such.  Once an album in finished it could I could mark it as "finished".  I'm really just looking at a way to make the drop down menus for selecting albums just the ones I am currently working on.  You could always have a switch then to "view active" or "view all" albums in the program.  That would be another way to get what I want without need to merge various collections.

Thanks again.

Rega RP1 turntable
ARTcessories USB Phono Plus V2
Groovmaster Label Saver record cleaner

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, some shceme to make it easier to navigate through the list of albums as it builds up would be good.  Again, others have asked.  I like the specific suggestions you have made.  Simple and effective.  I will see if we can work it in (or something very much like it).