News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

When changing album sides, waveform doesn't refresh in Split Tracks

Started by DJ Nativus, January 30, 2019, 05:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Nativus

I've been playing around with the VinylStudio trial (recorded 19 albums so far... which is weird) and now I'm going through and splitting tracks after using Batch to declick and normalize.

There are a couple of cases where I recorded the wrong side as side 1 and side 2. It took me awhile to figure out to switch sides and was happy to see I could go to "Recorded album sides" and drag and drop one file above the other. Cool! When it did this, it said it was refreshing the waveform, but it doesn't. So when I'm going through trying to mark tracks, the silent areas between tracks aren't represented in the right locations in the wave form. This also screws up "Scan for Track Breaks" as it seems to go by the inaccurate waveform than the actual audio.

I've tried relaunching the program but that doesn't seem to do it. Is there any way to force a refresh of the waveform?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes there is - just right-click in the waveform display and select 'Regenerate Waveform Display'.