News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

DATE meta tag is zero in output flac

Started by Steve Crook, January 07, 2019, 12:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Crook

Not tried other file types. This is on albums that have the Edit Album Details dialog Release Year field set to what I think is a legitimate value  1979 for example.

I'd been assuming that Release Year corresponded to date. Is this a bug? Seems more likely I'm missing something, but what?

Steve Crook

Don't bother looking for anything ATM, I think I messed up. Had re-made tracks after I'd set the album date on ripped albums, then I think I went and looked at the *old* tracks. Just rechecking to make sure that's the case...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

I checked the source code - it should be in there.

Steve Crook

Dumb but explicable....

The drive I'm working with is removable. When I did the attached it this time, it got a different drive letter. Which was fine, I opened the VS project just fine.

When I came to rebuild the tracks, I didn't notice that the flac *output* directory was still pointing to the old drive letter, which was now associated with a completely different drive.

To make matters worse, the drive that I *thought* I was writing to had the same files from my earlier track creation when I'd not set the Release Date and most of which had the DATE tag set to zero. It was those files I copied to my music server, not the updated set on the other drive. I was rechecking and noticed that the file modification times were for October when I generated the original tracks.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I can see (when I look at the right files!!!) that the DATE is set correctly.

DOH!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

No worries, it only took a moment to check.