News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

USB input to MacBook Air

Started by ICLlP, December 02, 2018, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICLlP

ICLlP

I don't know why but the forum didn't save what I wrote, which was, I'm a trial user and am trying to import from a phono stage via a Behringer USB ADC to a MacBook Air. The MacBook is definitely detecting the input and Audacity records it, but Vinyl Studio doesn't detect the input. Any ideas?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

ICLlP

Thank you we'll try again when my son returns with the Air.

ICLlP

That worked, thank you, but now another problem. Three attempts, one on a MacBook Pro and two on the Air, and each time after about half a side of an album it errors saying the computer is not responding. I've done one album successfully, but nothing has worked since.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Can you send a transcript of the error message please?  There's a link there to copy and paste it, you don't need to retype it.  Once I have that, I should be better placed to advise you.

ICLlP

It's behaving properly now.  My guess is the the laptop went to sleep for some reason.

Another question before I take the plunge.  Can I have two installations (laptop and desktop) on the same licence, and if I can is it possible to record to the laptop, but then transfer the file to the desktop for editing?

ICLlP

Thank you.  That sounds good.  I've done my trial five albums so will soon take the purchasing plunge, assuming I'm as happy as I think I will be when I've listened to them all a couple of times.