News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Could you add album date info to the burn CD and create MP3 tabs?

Started by Brad-Michigan,USA, June 03, 2010, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad-Michigan,USA

Hi - I like to put album date info on my cd labels when I burn them (writing the labels manually). Can you consider adding date info to the album listing on the Burn CD and MP3 tabs? Similar to the drop downs for Split Tracks or Record...

Thanks,
Brad

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow you, perhaps you could clarify.  You can enter a release date (as a year) when you add an album to your collection or later on in the Edit Album Details dialog.  Also, when you look up track listings across the Internet, VinylStudio will pick up the release date if the database supports it.  If you have entered it, we include this information when we 'tag' an MP3 file.

It's true that we don't include this date when you export a CD track listing.  That's something we can look into but if you are writing your CD labels manually that obviously doesn't matter.  I'm sure I'm missing somethiong here.

Brad-Michigan,USA

Hi Paul, It's really just a nit but yeah - it's the last part. Where you list the albums available to burn to CD you don't currently include album date like you do for the split tracks drop-down. For consistency, it would be nice to see it wherever albums are listed. I can then use it for labeling my CD's without having to switch over to split tracks to find the date info.

Thanks, Brad