News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Simplest Way to Reverse Order of Recorded Album Sides

Started by Brad-Michigan,USA, June 03, 2010, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad-Michigan,USA

Hi - I've been recording a lot of albums lately and started one on side 2 instead of side 1 (I generally record the whole album as one side).
What's the easiest way to reverse the order of album sides without re-recording? I thought about copying the file to a second file named side 2, then cutting side 1 out of one recording and truncating side 2 out of the other... Will that result in both .wav files being smaller (saving space)? Is there a simpler, more space efficient way to do this? (I could just rearrange the tracks and accept it as is but I thought I'd check 1st and strive for perfection 1st).
Thanks, Brad

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It can be done without copying anything:

1.  Shut down VinylStudio.

2.  Locate the recordings for this album in your recordings folder.

3.  Rename side1 to side2 and vice-versa (in practise, rename side1 -> temp, side2 -> side1, temp -> side2).

4.  Delete the 'waveform' files for the album in question in the vsfiles folder (these have extension .wfo, .wfd and .wft - delete all of these).

5.  Restart VS.

6.  Scan both album sides for clicks again, if you had previously done so.

There is a section in the Help file entitled 'Where are my files located' which should help you identify the files in question.

Brad-Michigan,USA

Hi - I recorded the whole album as 1 side, 1 file.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

In that case you could use a general purpose audio editor (such as Audacity) to cut and paste within the file and then save it.  VinylStudio should not object if you do this.  Shut down VinylStudio first as it might have the file open and perhaps make a backup copy of the file before you start.