News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Saving corrections

Started by TimArends, May 26, 2010, 04:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimArends

I find saving corrections a little confusing. Let's say I try the hiss filter on a particular recording and decide I don't like it. So, even after applying the hiss filter, I decide to go back and check the "Off" button in the Filter Settings dialog. But I would like to keep the click filter turned on. So when I choose Save Tracks as AAC in the Save Tracks tab, and I leave Save Corrections checked, it will save the click removal but not the hiss filter, since I previously turned that off? And what about the reverse? What if I wanted to save the hiss filter but not the click removal? I would leave the hiss filter turned on, of course, but would I check or uncheck Save Corrections? Would that not override leaving the hiss filter turned on?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

The 'Save corrections' box is an all-or-nothing affair.  If you uncheck it, VinylStudio will save the audio as recorded.  So the answer to your first question is 'yes' - if you find you dislike the effect of the hiss filter, just turn it off.

As for your second question, if you dislike your click repairs you can remove them by right-clicking in the waveform display in the Cleanup Audio window and selecting 'Remove Corrections'.  Then save your tracks with 'Save Corrections' enabled to retain the effect of the hiss filter.

I can see that using the word 'Corrections' in two different ways is a litle confusing.  We will review the wording used in the user interface.