News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Speed conversion of individual tracks

Started by NeilP, May 20, 2010, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

Just wondering if this is possible...another request for a future release.

I have a turntable (Rega P3) that you have to remove the platter to swap the belt to change speed.

I have also just been asked by a friend to convert a load of his Club dance singles to CD..OK no problem I said.....as long as he cleans them up.

Problem is this:

One side of each 12inch single is 45 rpm...and the other 33 1/3.  
So I can either do the whole lot of Side 1's and then all the Side 2's...but this will mean typing all the Artist names etc in twice,

Or I stop the TT after each side, remove the platter, switch the belt, put it back....

So would a conversion on a track by track basis be possible?

over 300 albums, so it is not a small problem I face...suppose I could find a cheap club deck with quick speed change for this job

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Speed conversion is actually done at record time so, provided you record the two sides as two separate files, you can just switch it on or off before you record.

Recording all the side 1's and then all the side 2's would not mean typing in the artists' names again as you can come back to a previous recording and add a second side to it, but it's probably more convenient to do a complete disc at a time.

NeilP

OK, I could do individual sides.

What I was doing at the moment ( the ones that are 45 both sides) was just recording one 'Album' consisting of many singles...all on one side and while one was playing typing the next track name pasting in the 'Artist name'
Using the naming format:
[Performing Artist] / [Track Title]

Thanks for the info, I'll try changing my work system to do it the way you suggest and leave the TT set at 45....less of the 'music' to listen to then

Cheers

OK, best of luck.  Make sure you check the 'this is a single' box in VinylStudio's Record window.  Some useful things happen when you do that.

NeilP

I had looked at that, but decide against it, from what I had rad, it did not seem to fit with what I was doing at the time, but if I do it as you suggest it will work...obviously...but I do not want to re do what I have already done....I'll have another look in the morning

Read what it says about it in the help, see if it's for you.  Essentially, it lets you name your saved tracks in a different way for albums and singles and you can change it after the event for any particular album in the Edit Album Details dialog.  It also creates a track for you automatically and gives it (we hope) a helpful name, but it will only do this at record time.