News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

XML Error on Album Lookup w/ Hyphen in Title (v7.1.4)

Started by Brad-Michigan,USA, May 18, 2010, 08:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad-Michigan,USA

Hi - I'm all settled in and recording away. All PC and app configuration and startup issues have been resolved. Now up to 80 albums recorded. Compared some recordings from LP w/ CD versions (from Greatest Hits collections). Minimal differences. A little scratchy or raspy on some sections. Guessing it's just the stylus or turn table - probably best I can do.

In the new version - 7.1.4 - I see a defect w/ the recording volume level slider (digit reading at base of slider) seems to have been fixed and displays the digital readout all the time.

A possible new defect found is seen when I attempt an album lookup of a title or band name w/ a hyphen. I get an XML error. I can work around it by removing the hyphen. Just a minor nuisance so far.

Having a great time going through my basement treasures. Thanks!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, we fixed that one.  Can you give me a concrete example which generates the fault you mention?  I need the artist and title of the album - as you are looking it up - and the database you are using.  I will then look into it.

Brad-Michigan,USA

Artist: Various Artists - Soundtrack
Album Title: 41 Original Hits from The Sound Track Of American Graffitti

I use Discogs mostly - and with this error. Sometimes I've found album art on Amazon.jp when no other site had it.

I just tried the same combo on Amazon.com and just got No Matching Albums Found error.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Thank you, we will fix that in the next release.  In the meantime, just leave the hyphen out - you will get the same results (i.e. none, in this case).