News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Save entire wav file with corrections

Started by NeilP, May 11, 2010, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

I have been looking to save the recorded wave files WITH the corrections as a single wave without track splits.  I like to look at and check the wave form in Amadeus Pro and do a search for clipped samples before I do any further work on it in VS.

A present I just save before I split the tracks, then open in Am Pro, and then save that back again to the original file name.

To have a File/Save entire Recording with corrections would be a great bonus.

The reason I do this is to scan for Maximum and clipped samples in Amadeus Pro to check for clipping that may have occurred before the sound entered the sound card. .  The maximum level search function often shows the flat topped clips that are not showing as clips as they are below the 0db Threshold.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

You can do that in the Cleanup Audio window.  Control-click (or right-click) on the file name in the list of recordings / imported files and select 'Save a Copy.'  Can Amadeus do anything about the clips, or do you just like to know that they are there?

NeilP

Looks like I was editing my first post while you posted.

Oh, OK, thanks for that.  I had looked for that sort of function, but did not find it under the top menu bar menu.  Thanks

No Amadeus pro can't do anything about the clips, but it makes it easy to find them as it does it with its own scan feature. for max or clipped samples.

If they are there, and they are not clips caused by clicks/pops,  then I will re -record.

Well not entirely true,  Am Pro can do something about the clipped samples, but no more than can be done in VS.
If the clipped samples are due to a click/pop, then I use the Am Pro repair feature to remove them.  
If the Auto Audio Cleanup in VS has not got them, AND I do find them in VS, then the manual click repair in VS works just fine as well, it is just Am Pro makes finding them easy and since the file is already open in Am Pro, I knock them out there.

The other reason for using Am Pro is the ability to use the Waveform Stats window, (see screengrab below) and boost one side or the other to correct the left/right balance that I may have got slightly out when adjusting the levels on the VU meters on the Tascam