News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Some tracks burned as no sound/full peaked waveform

Started by frothyman, April 15, 2010, 03:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frothyman

Hi,
thanks for an excellent product which makes getting my vinyl onto my Mac so easy. And the tools for cleaning up the recording are a godsend.
However as is not well when burning CDs of the albums; sometimes the first track or two seem to be blank. Loading the CD tracks into Audacity (now almost redundant!) shows the blank tracks are actually showing no waveform, just a continuous block of red clipping. This has happended to a couple of albums and just the first track or two. The remaining tracks are OK. This may have occurred when I was trying to squeeze 2 albums onto one disk and had to clear the list as the pair were too large, can't be sure though.
Any suggestions why or how to prevent more coasters?
Regards, Martin.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, we have had two other similar reports.  We are investigating.

What filter settings are you using please?  In particular, are you using any or all of the hiss, hum or rumble filters?  Also, what version of VinylStudio do you have (see under VinylStudio - About in the VinylStudio menu) and what version of OS X are you running?  Could you also please confirm (or deny) that burning the same CD again, without making any other changes, works correctly.  Thanks.

frothyman

Hi Paul,
I was using all of the filters in v7.1.4 Mac running OS X 10.6.3 on a 2009 unibody MacBook.
For one of the albums I did try a second burn that that was OK. Unfortunately I removed the earlier albums from the collection without checking the burn first. The first few burns I had made were OK so I had stopped checking each CD immediately. While burning I am not actively doing anything else on the mac (although thinks like Safari and iTunes are open).
Seems like one of those nasty intermittent problems that are hard to track down so I won't hold my breath. I guess nobody else has reported similar issues before. If it happens again I'll let you know.
Thanks for the prompt reply, Martin.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update.  We will continue to work on this and post back here when we know more.  I'm sorry we can't be more definite and sorry you lost your work.