News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Unable to install on Mac (Tiger 10.4.11)

Started by TorontoFC, March 14, 2010, 03:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorontoFC

Hi, I've been unable to get Vinyl Studio to install. When I double click the "VinylStudio Installer.mpkg" it (only) opens up the application PackageMaker. So, I can examine the contents of the installer...I can't use it! I've downloaded with both Mozilla, and Safari as per the download page's instructions.

I know that, using the "Get Info" window, I can normally change the application association. But, seems to me that the only proper choice would be the Finder, which I can't select.

I'd love to try this program. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all for reading.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The proper association is Installer.app.  This is normally the default - something must have changed this system-wide so I imagine you will want to change it back.

sqzpiper

So
Toronto FC have you been able to download to your OS 10.4.11?

It does work: (a) we have tested it here, and (b) we have some customers (not a vast number, but some) who are using VinylStudio on Tiger.

sqzpiper

To whom it may concern:

I can't believe the support I'm getting from Paul Sanders and I haven't bought the software yet. If AlpineSoft is as good as he is, it'll be perfect.
Thanks,
Bob

It would be strange if things were otherwise ;)