News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Album & Tracks

Started by dejavinil, February 07, 2010, 10:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejavinil

Thank you for excellent VinilStudio!
I purchased it and I tried it already - success!

But!

I cannot figure out how to:
if I have three single tracks (each between 15-40 min long = three acts of an opera) and I mark each track with one marker only (at the begining of the track), how I can scan them and let them stay in one album prepared in advance already? After creating album and importing, scaning and saving first track, I tried to import, scan and save second track in the same album (folder) and VinilStudio didn't allow me to do that!? To be precise, VS was saving only track one over and over!? So, I was forced to create three separate albums (Opera1, 2 and 3) and then to import single long file in each of the created albums!

There is not a word about such obstacle in your Help Guide?

Assistance please.
prof. Deja Vue

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Were these three actrs recorded as three separate files outside VinylStudio?  And now you want VS to merge them into a single album?  On that assumption, you can import the files as side 1, side 2 and side 3 respectively.  That should make all the capabilites of the Split Tracks and Cleanup Audio windows available to you.  But if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do, perhaps you could clarify.

I would start by clearing out whatever files you have imported into VS.  But make sure you don't delete the files themselves along the way! (VinylStudio will ask.)

HTH.

Regards,

Paul Sanders
http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk

dejavinil

Hi, Paul,
and thank you.
Three files were recorded outside of VS.
Now I know, thanks to your advice, how to deal with such "problems".
By the way, when I try to remove file from VS, I have a feeling (or is it how I follow Help guidelines) VS could delete basic file - which I want to keep intact. Should I be afraid to do removal, or not?
Once again great thank you for advice, and big and loud applause for Vinyl Studio!
prof. Deja Vue

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The easiest way might be just to delete the album and start over.  VinylStudio will then ask you if you want to delete the associated reocrdings and you can decline.  You do get a 'last chance' confiormation message if you get that wrong.