News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

calculating time from a given point

Started by dickday, October 28, 2009, 12:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickday

Paul,

Is there a way, other than to mentally add the Album track time to the start time that appears below the graph, that VinylStudio will count off the seconds from the beginning of a track?

When recording live concerts, the beginning and ending of tracks is blurry at best. 

Not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Dick,

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you saying that you'd like to see the time display at the bottom of the Cleanup Audio screen be able to show where you are in the current track?  If so, no there's no way to do that but you can find out approximately where the cursor is in the track by selecting (click in the waveform display and drag) from the start of the track to the cursor.  The yellow box at the bottom of the screen then displays the length of the selection.

dickday

The click and drag will work fine, thank you.

What would be nice is maybe another re-settable counter that would automatically reset to zero when the user clicks on a track break. Currently, I believe, the counter that displays total play time through the cursor position from the start of the album.

I'm doing some albums that are live concerts.  Looking at the graph, there is no way to see where one song ends and the next begins.  Even when the track breaks are inserted based on the times retrieved from the internet, they are not always close.

In any case, the program works flawlessly.  I started another off-topic thread on a list of accounting programmers that I belong to. Amazing the number of people getting into this.

Thanks,

Dick

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi Dick,

OK, thanks, we'll consider it.  It's mainly a question of screen space.

Yes, live albums can be a bit tricky.  You can enter track times manually in the Split Tracks window if they happen to be printed on the LP or sleeve.  To do this, double-click on the first track in the list and then work your way through.  Works well for classical albums.

Thanks for spreading the word :)  Much appreciated.