News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recent posts

Shouldn't be, no.  We're currently testing on Ventura, and all is well.
I am currently using VinylStudio with macOS Big Sur (ver 11)  with no issues,  If I  upgrade to Monterey
will there be any issues with VinylStudio ?

Thanks.
Technical Support / Re: Reel To Reel on MAC ver 13...
Last post by Bnanewbie - Today at 02:10:24 AM
I ended up connecting it to the line in on the vinyl record player I use VinylStudio with so I think I am good now. The original line in that I was using was a Mac mini add on thing and I guess the MAC wasn't seeing it....all is good now....I also did buy the Pro version on App Store.   I soooo appreciate you getting back with me so quick. Thanks bunches.
Hi,

So are you getting no signal?  Did you select the correct Input Device in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog?

Also, are you sure your Mac *has* a line in socket?  Newer Macs don't (as of a few years ago, now).

As for your other question, did you purchase from the App Store?  That is currently one version behind.  We will be remedying that shortly.
Technical Support / Reel To Reel on MAC ver 13.1.6...
Last post by Bnanewbie - May 16, 2024, 09:16:23 PM
Hey Y'all - I use this app all the time to digitally convert old records and auto dump them into my iTunes Library. I just acquired an old reel to reel player. It works and plays very well, but I cannot figure out how to connect it to my MAC and have Vinyl Studio see it as input. I have it connected via rca cables out on one end an a line input line that is connected to the MAC. 

I also am seeing I am on version 13.1.6 and think I am a bit behind, but don't see any options from within the program of downloading/installing updates.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Scott
I think there is some confusion here.  1% is an absolute measure, not a relative one.  I think we will leave this as it is
Technical Support / Re: No sound pioneer DJM-450
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - May 16, 2024, 01:34:16 PM
OK, best of luck.  If you have a specific question, please don't hesitate to ask.
General Discussion / Re: Working on recordings outs...
Last post by emg456 - May 16, 2024, 10:09:06 AM
Excellent- thanks again.
Technical Support / Re: No sound pioneer DJM-450
Last post by Valde_spin - May 16, 2024, 07:28:43 AM
Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for your response and proving that I am indeed not crazy.

Going directly from turntable -> Pioneer DJM 450 -> Vinyl Studio does not work.

In the 4 months since my original post; I have purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (I bought and returned a Solo because it only has one XLR input for my Mixer's two outputs) and only tonight have successfully recorded a track.

I am still learning:
- How to crop recorded tracks to cut needle drop/lift
- Overall saving philosophy to maintain album details and cover art in a way that both Vinyl studio and Itunes can recognize while keeping my hard drive folder in some kind of order (vinyl studio -> external hard drive -> upload to Itunes)

All in all, I am excited to slowly plug away at this, scratch my OCD itch, and relisten to my vinyl collection.

Thanks again,
-David V.

> I was under the impression that VinylStudio made no changes to the original audio file until the final render

That's correct, which is why the 'save a copy' function exists - to do exactly as the name suggests

> So does the "Save a Copy" function apply all changes and reset those functions back to default

Pretty much.  The copy contains all your corrections, but is otherwise a 'blank canvas'