News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We won't be changing this I'm afraid - too much effort for too little gain.

The files are already ordered by album name within artist name, so you're halfway there.

- Paul
Technical Support / Feature Request - Folder Sorti...
Last post by DexVinyl - May 01, 2024, 08:52:05 AM
Hi All,

Long time user, first time poster!

Thanks for the excellent software Paul, I have a suggestion for a technically very minor improvement, but the quality of life improvement for us users would be huge! (at least in my opinion).

When we are setting up VS, we set a folder structure we would like to use for the split tracks usually something like [artist] / [album] / .....  I think it would be extremely useful, if by default, the same structure was used to store the "sides" in the relevant location.  (will use this structure for the examples here as it matches my choice in the app)

eg: I have drive `R` for the Records, and drive `T` for Tracks. 
At the moment, all the sides are saved in R:\Vinyl Collection\ [filename].flac
Whereas, using this suggestion, they would be saved in R:\Vinyl Collection\ [artist] \ [album] \ [filename].flac
and my split tracks are saved in T:\ [artist] \ [album] \ [track name].mp3

Having the two folder structures matching, is actually sensible, by default, because, moving the files to make the folder tidier, causes all manner of errors on startup, and you then have to mess around relocating the files. 

edit: I forgot to add the T drive location
Hi,

Yes, we did make a change, and that helped a lot of people but not everyone.  We'll add new setting ('Needle up threshold') in the next version to address this.
Technical Support / recording not stopping on need...
Last post by Frank Schabel - April 26, 2024, 08:46:58 PM
Not Always but with increasing frequency my recordings are not stopping on needle up even after the tone arm is stopped the the turntable stops turning. I can't see anyone else reporting this. Is there any fixable reason for this or do I just need to rely on the maximum recording time?
No worries, we will fix it.  The code is actually quite clever, but wasn't working as intended.
Technical Support / Re: Clicks introduced By Vinyl...
Last post by Andy Morris - April 25, 2024, 11:25:27 AM
I'm glad it was a quality defect and not just me being silly.

For what its worth ClickRepair sometimes did a similar thing.
Hello again,

We have now looked into this and will include a fix in the next release.  Thanks for bringing it up, the code was doing something a bit silly.
Yes, possibly.  Noted, thanks.
Technical Support / Re: Brass protection and mised...
Last post by Frank Schabel - April 21, 2024, 07:18:39 PM
I appreciate your input. Out of curiosity I want back and examined a small selection in more detail. I found many instances where there is a click like spike that effects both tracks, which I think is a very good indicator of physical damage, where the spike in one track is treated as a click and the spike in the other track is given brass protection. In the 50 or so brass protections I examined I didn't find any that appeared to represent an attack on a brass instrument. Perhaps you need to implement a sensitivity scale in the brass protection like in clicks and percussion. The default seems to be too sensitive in marking something brass protection.
Technical Support / Re: Problems with version 14.
Last post by Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) - April 20, 2024, 11:48:16 PM
OK, thanks for the update