News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

A thought regarding track and art lookup

Started by dlivezey, July 06, 2009, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlivezey

Thanks again for creating a great product and making it available at a reasonable price. Here's a thought that would work well for me--perhaps for others, too?

I typically go to once source for track information and another for album art. The system always remembers the last source I used, regardless of whether it was for track info or album art. Because I usually follow the same order (track info followed by album art), this means I need to change my source selection for each lookup. If it is possible to save each setting independently, that would streamline the process nicely.

Again, great product; this is just a minor "nice to have."

Thanks,
Don

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

I'm not sure how we would integrate that into the user interface, but another possibility would be to have two dropdowns and select the one to be used via a radio button.  I'll put it on the list of things for consideration, although we are busy with other things currently so nothing will happen for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Keep 'em coming.  Which databases do you find the most useful?

dlivezey

I don't have the system in front of me so I'm going from memory, but I think it's TrackTypez that I use from Edit Track Details, and then I usually have pretty good luck at getting the album art using amazon.com, which I set via Edit Album Details. I go after them independently because often the best sources for art don't have good track listings with timings.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thanks.  It's certainly true that no one database has the best of both.