News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

"Save Tracks" to the same folder that I imported the raw music file from.

Started by ArtyM18, October 11, 2018, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtyM18

Hi Paul, when I'm at the point where I want to Save Tracks, I always have to change the destination folder to the folder from which I imported the raw sound file in the first place. VinylStudio has remembered the previous folder in which I Saved Tracks.
Is there anyway that I could just tick a box to tell VinylStudio to Save Tracks to the folder (or sub-folder called "My Albums") containing the original raw music file?
I currently use a Sony USB turntable, PS-HX500, which I use to create a single 96KHz 24-Bit wav. music file of both sides of the LP, so in the Record tab, I only ever use the Import Sound File(s) button.
Thanks for having a think about this request.
Regards

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

It's unlikely we will do anything like this.  Most people want to group all their saved tracks in one place - what you are doing is very unusual.

ArtyM18

One thing I didn't say is that all my raw music files, and ultimately the processed tracks, are on individual USB flash drives, which are stored separately from my computer. So I never use the Documents folder and it's sub-folders. Everything related to each album and the related VinylStudio files will go, all together, on these sticks. It's OK, I have created a work-around.