News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Problems when reading a CD burned with vinylStudio

Started by Baudouin Le Charlier, September 14, 2013, 01:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baudouin Le Charlier

I have recorded tracks from various audio sources and made an "album" from them. Then I "burned" an audio CD with 17 tracks. The CD can be read by my YAMAHA "natural sound" CD player but when I try to "randomly" select a track number, say 7, it does not work properly : it blocks for some time, then (sometimes) I got some dirty noise for a few seconds, finally it continues at some other random other place on the CD. Note that I don't have the same problem with two other (cheaper) CD players.

Should be nice if you can give me a way to "burn" the CD more properly. Note that I used regular audio CD-R discs. (I made four different attempts.)

Thanks !

Baudouin

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I would try cleaning the lenses of both your CD burner and player.  Lens cleaning discs can be purchased from Amazon for a few £/$.  A different brand of media might also help.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

I should add that CD-R's (and CD-RW's) have a lower reflectivity than standard (pressed) CDs and not all players can read them properly.  Furthermore, the recorded 'track' is slightly tighter wound, which doesn't help.  If you can find any 72 minute / 650 MB media that might help, although these are rare these days.