News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Track list for a whole collection

Started by haeggvinyl, January 24, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haeggvinyl

I know there are some ways to export album and track info.
Under Save tracks:
- Export CD Track Listing creates a track listing for one album at a time.
- Print Selected Albums creates a formatted document perfect for printing.

I want to know if there is a way to export all album and track info to a file format that Microsoft Excel can use.
For example a csv file or a tab separated file.

Possible file output:
Album Artist - Album Title - Album Year - Track number - Track Artist - Track Title - Track Duration - Album Comment
Or if it is possible to choose which info to include, like the Print Selected Albums feature.

By the way: I really love the VinylStudio application!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

There isn't currently, sorry, but it's a good idea.  We will put it on the list.

Hello again,

This finally got implemented in the latest beta (V11.8.0 Beta).  You can get it here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VSInstall_Exe_Beta.exe (Windows)

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VinylStudio-Installer-Beta.pkg (Mac)

Please note this is a Pro feature.  Feedback welcome.

haeggvinyl

Happy to see that this is implemented! But I can't install the beta version, because the download file is removed by my Antivirus program F-Secure.

OK, thanks.  That's a false positive, I will report it to them and get back to you.

Hello again,

I heard back from F-Secure who told me that they have removed the false positive, so perhaps you'd like to try again.  Thx.

haeggvinyl

I now finally have tried the export functionality Batch/Export selected albums as a CSV File.
Selected all albums and exported to csv and chose comma-separated and tab-separated and Include header row. Selected all fields and a selection of fields (Album Artist, Album Title, Year, Comment, Album Notes).
Sorry to say it didn't work all the way. Some rows are missing in some, not all, albums.
What could the cause be?
Would it be possible to add the field Album Status?
Otherwise I am pleased with the way the functionality is implemented!

>Some rows are missing

Which rows please?

> Would it be possible to add the field Album Status?

I don't see why not, I'll put it on the list.

Steve Crook

I wasn't aware this was there! Really useful too. Particularly for spotting albums not cleaned, exported or with dodgy metadata.

haeggvinyl

Yes, this is really useful. It makes it possible to have an overview in Excel over the albums.
VinylStudio is truly a masterpiece.
There are one or more tracks missing in some of the albums. I can't see a pattern why they wouldn't be included in the csv file.
Paul, can I email you the exported csv-file. I am a bit hesitant to attach them here.
By the way, rtf and text file export, seems to include all tracks, so they are ok.

haeggvinyl

Not all selected albums are exported to the csv file, though the rtf file seems to contain all albums.
I selected six albums with Album Artist Horslips and only four of them were included in the csv file.
Which is what to expect,
one albums recording was deleted which means there were no tracks and
the second albums recording were not split into tracks.
One track is missing in the Horslips csv file.
See the attached example files.
I would be grateful if Album Status could be squeezed in from your working list of additions to VinylStudio very soon.
For now I can use the exported data. In Excel I use the pivot table to create a list of albums and then I don't need the track info.
But what I miss is the Album Status.
Which leads me to another wish, which is to be able to export only the album info (excluding the track info fields). So one row corresponding to one album, like in the heading for each album in the rtf and text file.
But keep the existing export possibility to have the album info and track info in each row.

Hi,

Thanks for this, the files were very useful.  I have now identified the cause of the missing tracks and we will fix this in the next Beta.  I'll also see what can be done about your feature requests, although you're more likely to get the album status added than the other one.

Hello again,

This is just to let you know that this has been attended to in the latest VinylStudio Beta (V13.0.0 Beta 1).  You can get that here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

If you encounter any problems, please let us know.  All feedback welcome.  Sorry it took so long.