News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Updates needed for Windows 10?

Started by GaryG, June 19, 2015, 02:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryG

Hi Paul,
With Windows 10 becoming available at the end of July have you done any testing with the pre-release versions and will a new release of VS be required for Windows 10?

Gary

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

We have tested with the technical preview and all is well, so hopefully not.

sbartnikowski

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and Vinyl Studio V8.7.0 works fine, with one exception:  during the first recording session, VS failed indicating the CPU could not keep up.  I killed a Cortana background task, and was able to record a couple of sides successfully.

bowden73

Hi all,
I have Windows 10 and I can't seem to be able to record from the Soundcard as I have before. When I open the Check Level dialogue I get an error meassage "There was a problem opening your recording device, Error 88890008 from audio_client->Initialize"

I've read that Windows 10 has dropped the Sound Recorder app and allows only microphone recording now. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks!

Jez

Hi,

This sounds like a problem with your sound card drivers.  What is it?

That said, there are a couple of things you can try:

1.  Try unchecking 'Use WASAPI for recording' in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog

2.  Try setting the sample rate and bit depth to 44 kHz / 16 bit in VinylStudio's Recording Options dialog.  What are you currently using?

The error code corresponds to AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT, which should never happen as we ask the device what formats it supports and only use those.

bowden73

Hello Paul
Thanks for your quick reply. I tried turning WASABI off but I then got this message:-

There was a problem opening your recording device:

Error 32 calling waveInOpen.  Please check that the drivers for your sound card are correctly installed.

Restarting the application might also help.

If it is a USB device, please reset it and try again.  Try also clicking on Recording Options and reducing the samplerate, or, if you are trying to record double or quad rate DSD, try selecting standard rate.

Then click Retry.

I checked the sample rate and with WAV at 44kHz /16 bit, and MP3 at 44kHz, I still got the same message as my previous post.
I will try to reinstall the drivers. (Realtek High Definiation Audio).

OK, best of luck.  It certainly sounds like a driver issue.