News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Wishlist: Remastering Features

Started by felusch, May 17, 2015, 10:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felusch

Hi Paul,

I have digitalized about 300 Vinyls in the last 3 Years using your awesome software.
Unfortunately I recorded all thru a bad signal chain with Technics SL1210MK2/Nightclub E and a Audio DJ8 Interface in 96/24 and now I updated my chain with a EMT948 player and a Metric Halo ULN8 at 192/24 and I'm very happy with the sound by now ...but I have to start again ...hit the 50 today:)

For 50% of the vinyls I record I wish I could render two versions. One Original flat the other remastered. The cleanup function is a mighty tool but not what I am after.

here is my suggestion:

idea #1

1. add a tab: remastering
2. allow up to 5 AU/VST Plug Ins to be hosted in a chain (one parallel chain would be a killer:)
3. allow snapshot store/recall with names for the remastering chain setup
4. the audio output of the remastering chain should be rendered seperatly as 2nd version to a specified folder in the preferences
5. the audio output of the remastering chain may be routed to seperate interface out for external A/B

Idea #2

allow a second stereo input as paralell recording ...then I can feed vinylstudio with a clean and rematsred signal ...in this case no later tweeks can be made.

Anyone here who would like it too?
thanks
cheers
Bodo

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thank you, although it would add complexity to the user interface, which I think might be complex enough for most VinylStudio users.  But hosting plugins does get requested from time to time.

felusch

haha jep thats right ...it's difficult to match all needs from consumer to pro when you have a monopol

...enable pro features in preferences could be a good choice

Hmm, not sure about that.  I know of no other application that works that way.

felusch

that's what I mean ...you have the monopole:)

I would pay 150€ for a pro version, but the most customers would prefer a easy to use lite version for 30€ I think