News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Suggestion VinylStudio: Use Sound Hound or Shazam for Song identification

Started by urs, December 09, 2014, 05:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urs

Hi there!

First: Thanks for the new features! E. G. to search several databases at once in an adjustable order is very useful!

Now for the request:

I am aware that this might be a problem on the legal side. However, if there is a solution to this... it would just be awesome!

If Vinyl Studio would be able to use the database of Shazam or Sound Hound, which work both pressingly good even on relatively rare songs and even in bad quality, this might potentially do all the accurate identification and cutting of the songs completely automatically.

This would not only enable Vinyl Studio to identify the song without any user interaction, but also, to determine, when a new song starts.

To be considered :) I would even be willing to pay something for the use of this service and to cut my recordings completely automatically. This would save a huge amount of time! Provided that the price is reasonable of course. Or to look at one of these publicity adds that come with the android app of these programs.

Cheers!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Problem is, I don't think we have anything to offer that they might want - we're just too small to interest them.  But I will see what I can do.

urs

Hi Paul! Yea of course. Anyway, I wonder what database they use, maybe they do not really own it either. About their interest: I think, making publicity for them might be an option, as they are interested in getting more users. They live of publicity for record stores. More users, more $ for them. This might be the clue for getting them interested. Anyway, this would include having these adds in your software. For my part, I would accept this if I get the ease of use and time saving that this technology would potentially offer. Thanks anyway for all your work with this great tool! Cheers¨!